Preparing Your Home and HVAC System for Texas Snow in 2023
Texans are no strangers to extreme weather, but one thing that still manages to catch us off guard is snow. As 2023 rolls in, many homeowners across the Lone Star State wonder, “Is it going to snow in Texas in 2023?” While we can’t predict the exact weather, we must be prepared for possible snowfall. Here at Strickland Heating and Air, we’ve created valuable insights and a checklist on what to do if it snows in Texas this year, focusing on caring for your HVAC system.
The Unpredictable Texas Snow
Texas weather is famously unpredictable. One day, you’re enjoying mild winter temperatures, and the next, you wake up to a blanket of snow. While significant snowfall is relatively rare in Texas, it can and does happen, and it’s best to be ready when it does.
Prepare Your Home for the Chill
When the Texas snow arrives, taking steps to protect your home is essential. Here’s a checklist to ensure your living space is ready for the cold:
HVAC System Care
- Schedule a Maintenance Checkup: Before the snow arrives, schedule a professional HVAC maintenance checkup. A qualified technician will inspect your system, clean the components, and make any necessary repairs. This proactive step ensures your HVAC system can handle the demands of winter.
- Change the Air Filters: Clean air filters are essential for efficient HVAC system operation. Check your filters and replace them if they’re dirty. Clogged filters can reduce airflow, making your system work harder and increasing energy costs.
- Adjust Your Thermostat: Consider lowering your thermostat a few degrees during the day and using additional blankets or layers of clothing to stay warm. This helps reduce strain on your HVAC system and saves on energy bills.
- Clear the Outdoor Unit: If you have an outdoor HVAC unit, make sure it’s clear of snow and ice. Snow accumulation can block airflow, reducing your system’s efficiency. Gently remove any snow or ice buildup, taking care not to damage the unit.
- Protect Your Outdoor Unit: Consider covering your outdoor HVAC unit with a waterproof tarp or HVAC cover during winter storms. This shields it from snow, ice, and freezing rain, prolonging its lifespan.
Stay Safe and Cozy
When the snow starts falling in Texas, your priority is staying safe and warm. By following these guidelines and preparing your home and HVAC system, you can confidently weather the winter storms.
For professional HVAC maintenance and assistance preparing your HVAC system for Texas snow in 2023, don’t hesitate to contact Strickland Heating and Air. Our experienced technicians are ready to ensure your heating and cooling system performs optimally, keeping your home comfortable all year round.
While snow in Texas may be infrequent, it’s essential to be prepared. Protecting your home and caring for your HVAC system allows you to enjoy a cozy and worry-free winter. Remember, Strickland Heating and Air is just a phone call away when it comes to HVAC maintenance and repairs. Stay warm and safe, Texas!
Talk To The Experts
In Texas’s often tempestuous weather conditions, neglecting the HVAC system is not an option. Strickland Heating and Air is committed to helping homeowners weather these storms with minimal impact on their HVAC systems.
The company offers expert consultations and inspections before and after storms to help residents of Texas protect their investments and ensure a comfortable, safe living environment. Protect your home and your peace of mind by contacting Strickland Heating and Air for your HVAC needs today.